We are delighted to announce the creation of a new Online version of the Festival and Event Management Masterclass. It is a very exciting new addition to our portfolio of events as it creates the prospect of having participants join from all over the world. One of the great benefits of the Masterclass is the interaction between participants, many stay in touch long after the course is over. We believe the opportunity to hear from and network with other festival and event managers will be a real benefit to online participants. Bookings for the course can be made on our Upcoming Events page where you can also find the available dates and times.
Some features of the course:
- The course involves 6 hours of comprehensive, interactive and inspiring tuition
- It will involve small groups of no more than 12 participants to ensure you have plenty of opportunity to interact with the presenter and the other participants, sharing experiences and broadening your network
- The course consists of 4 sessions of 1½ hours. You can take all 4 sessions in a single day or spread them over two or more days if you prefer.
- Following the course you will have access to the Participant Resource area of our website, a comprehensive library of articles, documents and templates
- We are making best use of technology to get as close as we can to the experience of attending one of our popular Masterclasses in person with plenty of interaction
- You can receive a certificate of participation following the course
Session 1 – Understanding and Developing Great Festivals and Events
This session draws inspiration from successful festivals, events and destinations looking at what we can learn from their approach, models and creative programming. This session will also focus on events in a post-Covid world as we look to develop the knowledge and skills to meet the new demands of audiences and stakeholders.
Session 2 – Marketing and Media
This session will focus on how to define and develop a strong brand identity for your event looking at how to take advantage of technology and online opportunities as well as more traditional forms of marketing. We also cover ways to engage the media to deliver positive coverage around your event.
Session 3 – Sponsorship and Fundraising
This session will help develop a greater awareness of revenue generating possibilities from traditional sponsorship opportunities to more digital-era possibilities. We consider how to adopt a creative approach to identifying potential sponsors, creating effective proposals and strategies to build and maintain relationships with supporters. We also consider a wide range of possibilities to source valuable resources for your events from grants, merchandise, donations and using your online presence to generate revenue.
Session 4 – Evaluation and Advocacy
This session considers how to measure your achievements through creating effective surveys and analysing feedback to make improvements. We also consider the most effective ways to use your data to maintain and strengthen your relationship with key stakeholders.
What you need to participate
- A PC/Laptop/Tablet with a webcam, microphone and reliable internet
- A place where you can participate with few distractions
Bookings, Dates and further information: Upcoming Events