The Festival and Event Management Masterclass has established a reputation as one of the world’s leading seminars for people who create, support and manage festivals and events. It has been attended by thousands of festival and event professionals in 25 countries worldwide helping them develop their knowledge and skills to become more effective in planning and developing their events. Our feedback section includes lots of comments from previous participants and you can also see the wide range of organisations that have taken part in our workshops. Now you have an opportunity to join them with our new Online Festival and Event Management Masterclass. You will find available dates further down this page and bookings can be made on our Upcoming Events page. The cost of the course is £100 GBP which you can pay in your own currency. You can download a copy of the course brochure here: Online Course Brochure
Some features of the course:
- The course involves 5 hours of comprehensive, interactive and inspiring tuition
- It will involve small groups of no more than 12 participants to ensure you have plenty of opportunity to interact with the presenter and the other participants, sharing experiences and broadening your network
- The course consists of 4 sessions of 1½ hours .You can take all 4 sessions in a single day or spread them over two or more days if you prefer.
- Following the course you will have access to the Participant Resource area of our website, a comprehensive library of articles, documents and templates
- We are making best use of technology to get as close as we can to the experience of attending one of our popular Masterclasses in person
- We offer the opportunity of a one-to-one session with Paul following the course
- You can receive a certificate of participation following the course
We have put together a sheet of frequently asked questions which you can see and download from the bottom of this page.
Session 1 – Understanding and Developing Great Festivals and Events
This session draws inspiration from successful festivals, events and destinations looking at what we can learn from their approach, models and creative programming. This session will also focus on events in a post-Covid world as we look to develop the knowledge and skills to meet the new demands of audiences and stakeholders.
Session 2 – Marketing and Media
This session will focus on how to define and develop a strong brand identity for your event looking at how to take advantage of technology and online opportunities as well as more traditional forms of marketing. We also cover ways to engage the media to deliver positive coverage around your event.
Session 3 – Sponsorship and Fundraising
This session will help develop a greater awareness of revenue generating possibilities from traditional sponsorship opportunities to more digital-era possibilities. We consider how to adopt a creative approach to identifying potential sponsors, creating effective proposals and strategies to build and maintain relationships with supporters. We also consider a wide range of possibilities to source valuable resources for your events from grants, merchandise, donations and using your online presence to generate revenue.
Session 4 – Evaluation and Advocacy
This session considers how to measure your achievements through creating effective surveys and analysing feedback to make improvements. We also consider the most effective ways to use your data to maintain and strengthen your relationship with key stakeholders.
What you need to participate
- A PC/Laptop/Tablet with a webcam, microphone and reliable internet
- A place where you can participate with few distractions
How to Book and select your preferred times
Bookings for the Masterclass can be made on our Upcoming Events and Bookings Page
We currently have the following days and times available with some times suitable for Europe and other more suitable for the US and Canada. We will shortly launch some dates for Asia and Australia/New Zealand
These dates are more suited to European Time Zones
Monday 12 October: 09:00 – 15:15 (BST) (10:00 – 17:15 CET, 11:00 – 18:15 EET)
These dates are more suited to Canada/US Time Zones
Friday 9 October: 16:00 – 22:15 (BST) (08:00 – 14:15 PDT, 09:00 – 15:15 MDT, 11:00 – 17:15 EDT)
We will shortly be launching some dates more suited to participants in Asia and Oceania.
Bookings can be made on our Upcoming Events and Bookings Page
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about the content, timings or any other aspects of the course. firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (3 Pages):Online Masterclass - Frequently Asked Questions