Freiburg Festival and Event Management Masterclass
October 27 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm CEST£150 – £250
The Festival and Event Management Masterclass
We are delighted to be bringing our Masterclass to Freiburg. This popular workshop is designed to inform and inspire anyone involved in creating, managing and developing festivals and events. It is a highly practical course full of ideas and examples that participants can put into practice immediately to improve their events. It features sessions on key tasks and challenges for those involved in festivals and events both large and small including Marketing, Press, Programming, Evaluation, Sponsorship and Fundraising. You can find more details of the programme below. We have added to our course new information about how events can survive and thrive after the Covid-19 pandemic. You can find more details about the course content and the presenter at the About the Masterclass section of this site.
The Masterclass has run successfully in 26 countries worldwide including Australia, Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, Ireland and Canada. Details of the many and varied organisations that have taken the Masterclass can be found in the Who Has Attended section.
The fees for the Masterclass are:
Early Bird – €200 if booked by 11 October
Last Minute – €250 if booked after 11 October
Group Discount – €150 for 2 bookings or more
Student – €150
If you have any questions about the Masterclass, use the Contact Us button to send us an email.
Here is just a little of the feedback we have received from previous participants. Many more examples can be found in the Feedback section of our website.
- ‘I had the most wonderful experience. It’s great to go to a course that gives you tangible and useful information that you can go away and implement yourself. I highly recommend this Masterclass! Feast Festival
- You`re sharing so much practical knowledge and brilliant examples, I got one a-ha moment after another. LOTS of useful ideas (and energy!) to bring back home. Hilmarfestivalen, Norway
- A brilliantly practical course for anyone in the event management industry, no matter how experienced! Sydney Music Expo
- I left the masterclass with my head full of ideas and new energy and A Great sense of believing in festivals as the best method to bring People and art/culture together. Billund Kommune
- The course was a vitamin injection in how to manage a festival and also how to evolve it. In short: The ultimate Crash Course in festival management! City of Sodertalje
- The course was highly skilled, personal and interesting all the way through! I can highly recommend it – the time spent with Paul is spent really well! Salaam Film & Dialogue
We will ensure that we follow all the guidelines for Covid precautions when holding our Masterclass. If for any reason you are unable to attend the workshop, we will offer a full refund of your fee.
Session 1 – Festivals and Events in a Post-Covid World
The past year has been a huge challenge for festivals and events and 2021 will be a crucial year as we revive our events and reconnect with our audiences. This session considers strategies and options to help face up to the challenges of running festivals and events in a post Covid-19 world
Session 2 – Marketing and Media
This session will focus on how to define and develop a strong brand identity for your event looking at how to take advantage of technology and online opportunities as well as more traditional forms of marketing. We also cover ways to engage the media to deliver positive coverage around your event.
Session 3 – Sponsorship and Fundraising
This session will help develop a greater awareness of revenue generating possibilities from traditional sponsorship opportunities to more digital-era initiatives. We consider how to adopt a creative approach to identifying potential sponsors, creating effective proposals and strategies to build and maintain relationships with supporters. We also focus on a wide range of options to source valuable resources for your events.
Session 4 – Placemaking, Impact and Evaluation
This session considers the role festivals and event play in raising the profile and strengthening communities within our towns and cities. We cover how to measure your achievements and analyse feedback to make improvements. We also consider the most effective ways to use your data to maintain and strengthen your relationship with key stakeholders.